Roman 12:1-2

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, August 6, 2011

The Holy Spirit at Work

Sometimes we have to stop doing what we have enjoyed doing for a very long time.  Not something sinful -- that we need to stop immediately.  But sometimes we have to choose between what is good and what is better.  I am thankful today that God has allowed me to do a bit of that.

I have an author whose books I enjoy a great deal.  However, there are some language issues in these books.  Yesterday I picked up the new release -- and I haven't read anything by this author in at least a year -- and began reading.  The plot was as capitvating as ever, but I never got past page 6.  I just felt that this was not the best way to spend my reading time -- there are other things, better things, I could be reading.

As always, I had a choice.  I could put the book down or I could continue reading.  If I had chosen to continue, my spirit would have become more desensitized.  It would become easier and easier to ignore the voice of God in my heart.  It would eventually lead somewhere I know I don't want to go.

But the book is innocuous, I could argue.

Maybe.

Maybe it falls into the category of "good".  Today I choose whatever God says is "better."

No comments:

Post a Comment