Roman 12:1-2

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

God has a wonderful way

God has a wonderful way of grouping His teachings.  In Evans's book right now, I am in the chapter on brokenness.  What is another word for brokenness?

Humility.

The modest opinion or estimate of one's own importance.

As according to dictionary.com.

I can look at the greatness of God, then at myself in the mirror He holds up and see myself for the bug I am.  I can see the faults that He presently wants to work on, a non-exhaustive list of which includes stewardship, pride, perseverance (see yesterday), and self-control.  I can think of myself as squashable.

Or I can see the beautiful picture of grace: God taking His pool skimmer, gently lifting the drowning Japanese beetle from the water, and shaking her out on the beautiful roses.  Not only does He save me, but He sets me in His glorious garden!

No comments:

Post a Comment