Roman 12:1-2

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Thursday, February 14, 2013

Open My Eyes

Open my eyes,
That I may see
Glimpses of truth
Thou hast for me;
Place in my hands
The wonderful key,
That shall unclasp
And set me free.

Silently now I wait for Thee,
Ready, my God, Thy will to see;
Open my eyes, illumine me, Spirit divine!

Clara H. Scott

Psalm 119:18 says, "Open my eyes that I may see wonderful things in your law."

I want to see what is around me. I want to see what God has created, in all of its intended glory and in all of its fallen-state sadness.

These students of mine are wonderful image-bearers. Albeit sinners. How can I help them to reach the glorious potential, the wonderful plan God has for each of them?

This world is filled with the down-trodden and oppressed. They, too, are image-bearers. How can I reach down and help them up? How can I fight the injustice under which they suffer?

This world is a beautiful depiction of God's creativity. Am I truly enjoying it as He wishes?

Oh, God, help me see!



Then help me DO!

No comments:

Post a Comment