Roman 12:1-2

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

I Own This

Ownership. I own a car. I own my clothes. I own lots of books!

Do I own my faith? Have I taken possession of it? Do I say, as I do of my books, "Those are mine"?

Colossians 2: 6-10:


So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.
See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces[a] of this world rather than on Christ.
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form, 10 and in Christ you have been brought to fullness. He is the head over every power and authority. 

Make your choices so that your life reflects what you know is True. Do not listen to the world.

One version of the Bible uses the phrase "walk with Christ." What does that mean, exactly? It implies consistency. Day after day, year after year. A rooted tree doesn't go anywhere. It stands where it is planted. Mixing my Bible verses, here: a tree planted by streams of living water will be fruitful, and that stream is the Word.

I want to possess my faith and let everyone know they cannot take it from me! The choice is mine, and I have made it.

No comments:

Post a Comment