Roman 12:1-2

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Humility

Last week I heard, what for me, is a profound statement: THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN SAYING THANK YOU AND ACTUALLY MEANING IT.

Sounds obvious.

But how many times do I rattle off a list of things I thank God for: a hot shower and a soft bed and making it through another day with a debilitatingly  painful disease? Am I truly thankful? Do I approach the situation -- thanking God -- with humility?

James 4:6 tells us that God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.

The biggest thing I need to overcome in order to be truly humble is . . .




myself.



I need to acknowledge I cannot do it, achieve it, supply it on my own.

I have not been doing this lately. I have been striving with every ounce of my being to gain what I think I need in order to be happy. But God tells me HE is all I need, and He will supply everything else.

Another thought: When Jesus humbled himself, even to death on a cross, it was

a choice
intentional
purposeful
OBEDIENT

I must offer no less when I am humble.

No comments:

Post a Comment