Roman 12:1-2

"Therefore I urge you, brethren, by the mercies of God, to present your bodies a living and holy sacrifice, acceptable to God, which is your spiritual service of worship. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, so that you may prove what the will of God is, that which is good and acceptable and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Woman of Character: Intital Post -- Please Read

With this initial post, I want to explain my purpose.  This is not my only blog; my other blog is strictly about my novel writing, or writing in general.  This blog is more personal.  It will be an almost daily look at my walk with God.

I became a born again believer in 1994.  For the past three years, I have been struggling with and working through an addiction.  For the past two months, I have felt myself slipping, and then this morning I jumped off the cliff.

That is my Romans 7 life, and I am tired of living that way!  I want the Romans 12 life, thus the title: Transformed.  I want to please God with every aspect of my life, every word and thought and action, when I am alone and when I am in a crowd.  And I want my life to count for something.  I want this whole long walk to mean something; perhaps that it would encourage someone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment